THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

"Luminous Wind"
Goddess art of Jonathon Earl Bowser

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday #13 - Still Here

Sorry I didn't post last week. My life has been full of medical tests, doctors, and exhaustion. It's been an eventful week and we think we found at least one reason for how I've been feeling. The test will be to see if the medication works on controlling my symptoms. My thanks to those who have been sending me positive thoughts, healing energy, and love. I'm so appreciative!

I wasn't sure I'd even be up to writing a flash for this week's prompt. However, the picture reminded me of my life lately and of a real incident that occurred recently. I knew I had to participate. 

It's my 13th Flash Fiction Friday with the Flashers writing group!!! The group is growing and it's awesome.

 Enjoy and please feel free to comment. Thanks! 




Flash Fiction Friday - Writing challenge based on a picture prompt. One picture to inspire one hundred words (no more, no less).

Still Here

He lay her gently on the bed. “What do I do now? Call 9-1-1?” He knew she had a history of fainting episodes, but never witnessed one until today. One minute she'd been hugging him goodbye, the next he heard a thud - out cold on the floor, face ghost-white. “Baby?”

Glazed eyes opened.“It's okay. Remember I told you about this?”

“I know. Yes, yes you did. But what can I do?” He felt helpless. “Want a snack and drink?”

Her hand rested on her heaving breast as she nodded,“y-you're still here,” voice trembling with emotion.

~~~~~ 

 Love is: When they stay.


You can find the other participating fabulous writers of Flash Fiction Friday and show them some love here:

All Flavors and Styles:

Flash Fiction Friday Blog


10 comments:

ERP said...

fainting sucks. I'm glad he stayed.
I hope the find what's wrong, sweetie.

E~

Kendel Davi said...

Nice one. I'm glad he showed some concern.

Naomi Shaw said...

It takes someone special to stay. Good post honey!

Horrorwritingdaddy said...

why was he leaving? Why did she want him to stay so badly? Loved it. So much emotion. Good job.

gemma parkes said...

An honourable man and a beautiful woman who deserves him! Nice post. Hope you're better soon Luna. I don't know what it is about this month, so much illness.

Bonni S. said...

So much emotion. You did a lot with a little. And of course he was still there who would leave a fainting woman?

Luna Ella Aldora said...

Thank you.

ER: Yes it does! Big time.


Kendel: Thank you. Me too. :)


Naomi: You know it!


Horrorwritingdaddy: Welcome! The staying bit would have to be more of an extended story which would go something like this; she is surprised that the health problems, including fainting, and ups and downs haven't frightened him away as it has with others in the past.


Gemma: Thank you, hon! I remind myself what you say is true. I hope you are well. I don't know what it is either. But I hope it stops soon!


Bonni: You'd be surprised. He could have told her to stop being a baby or stop embarrassing him and not believed her because it made him uncomfortable.


Those who have been there know fully what I mean and how hard it is to find someone who will not only stay, but do whatever they can to try and help or make things a little easier to handle.

~Luna

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

I liked this a lot. ;-) Great passionate, caring, emotional post. :) Get better soon Luna! Hugs!

Yvonne Nicolas said...

Aww... At least he was there with her. Him seeing her like this may, or may not bring them closer together. Very emotional post. :o)

Sherry Palmer said...

That was so sweet and emotional. A good man will always be there for his lady. Great FFF.